I appreciated all your encouraging/empathetic comments last week when I needed them most. I have quite a few things for which to be thankful.
- A Messiah who loved me and gave himself for me
- A wonderful wife who supports me 92% (and the other 8% are my myriad harebrained ideas, which she is right to oppose)
- A son on the way, apparently healthy so far
- A good job that pays well, with a competent, caring supervisor
- Interesting and thoughtful coworkers–friends
- A church that permits me to minister and supports my efforts
- Financial blessings, including minimal loans and steady work
- An opportunity to work on a doctorate
- Teaching possibilities
- Loving family, old and new
- The writings of N.T. Wright, Richard Hays and Adele Berlin
- Libraries full of books
- Rhythm, music
…and many more.
I thought it would be helpful for me to make a list. I tend to focus on the interesting possibilities rather than the wonderful realities. Lord, forgive me–give me gratitude.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .